Last week, the cover was lifted from the largest project I've ever worked on. The new WillyWeather website is now live for Australian users.
WillyWeather is a much-loved brand in Australia, with 15% of the population (and growing) frequenting it on iOS, Android or the Web every month. Redesigning a well-established brand and product is a daunting task; knowing that, no matter what, you will inevitably be on the receiving end of reactionary feedback from those adverse to change. Nonetheless, feedback has overall been very positive.
The new website is packed with excellent new features, including:
- Fully responsive and high-DPI supported design
- Three-hourly weather forecasts
- Detailed and customisable forecast and observational graphs
- Mappable forecast and observational imagery
- Historical weather statistics
- An overhauled Account System with paid features like SMS Notifications and Ad-Free browsing
We think it's the best weather site around and hope you do too!